Recolour Depeche Mode
A recent competition run through the official Depeche Mode website called on fans to download and then recolour a desaturated image of the band. The entries will potentially be used by Anton Corbijn during the upcoming Delta Machine tour.
The thrill was in thinking that your recoloured image may be chosen to be displayed on the stage as one of the screen projections used by Anton Corbijn during one of Mode’s songs. Sweetening the pot was the potential to win a pair of Delta Machine tour tickets. 5 randomly drawn entries were to win the tickets.
Needless to say, I didn’t receive a golden ticket e-mail. It seems I’m not the only one. A couple of members of the DM Message Board have mentioned that they too didn’t receive a prize winners’ email either. I’ve invited them to submit their images to modesa to include in this gallery. Here’s a slideshow of the submissions I’ve received so far:
(Click on any of the thumbnails below to enlarge the image)
- The first of the forum member submissions was from Herrin in Montreal, Canada
- Then from San Diego, California, we received the effort from DepecheModeAgent
- Next I got an email submission from Karla in New York City. It’s the first time she has used Photoshop. She calls it “Essence” and notes that she is (obviously) slightly partial to Mr. Gahan…
- Grungygonads (!) from Lyon, France then sent in two exceptional submissions. For the first he thought applying Maori tattoos would be fun and difficult challenge. Dave’s shirt also has the Maori flag added to it. Grungy’s second is also a fine piece of work. For this one he wanted to remind everyone that Depeche Mode are British, even if they’re now oh so American! Cracked concrete wall + Union Jack + Made in Basildon = English punk-electro-pop!
- Next I had Terry from Arnhem in Holland pop his 3 recolourings into the email inbox
- Steve‘s submission with radiating red stripes arrived from Sheridan in Wyoming. Steve later added another 2 images to the collection.
- Paul sent his attempt in all the way from Oviedo in Florida
- The latest submissions have come from the lovely city of Melbourne in Australia. That’s where Paula produced her two pieces titled “Light Mode Play” and the radically altered “The Machine”. Thanks Aussie!
- From Fort Worth in Texas now we have a great addition of 10 (!) recoloured Depeche Mode images which I’ve added to the gallery. Some fabulous interpretations from Aaron – thanks for sharing them good sir.
- From Sam Hayat in the United Kingdom we have Pylon now added to the gallery. You can find more of Sams’ photography online at openeyephoto.com and on Instgram as openeyephoto.
- And then from Jirkov in the Czech Republic we have 3 additions from Andrea, who tells me that “I’m not the most skilled Photoshop user but I did it with faith and devotion :)“. I reckon she did okay indeed. Andrea contributes to the fabulously detailed Czech-language Mode site depechezone.com – go say hi!
How To Get Your Image Added To The Gallery
|posted on: 07 april 2013 @ 13:20| |updated on: 16 april 2013 @ 11:00|